4 Things “American Hustle” Taught Me
1. Amy Adams is the bomb. Besides the endless side boob and fab clothes, she’s got that mixture of toughness, intensity & vulnerability that shows on her face with such clarity. I consider that my particular brand of actressing as well, and she’s now one of my top idols!
2. Christian Bale is the bomb. He’s at his best in this film – intense yet incredibly tender. Even Bradley Cooper says that it’s the best role Christian Bale has ever had by far. I wonder if Amy Adams has ever actually seen Christian Bale at a normal weight… He was 63 pounds underweight for their movie “The Fighter” and now this!
3. Dircetor David O. Russell is the bomb. Everything about this film was – for lack of a more believable word – perfect. I want to work with this director! He even co-wrote the screenplay which laid out a pristine dramatic plot laced with comedic treasures. Russell perfectly cast this film by bringing together the heavyweights from two of his other amazing films – Amy Adams and Christian Bale from “The Fighter” and Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper from “Silver Linings Playbook.” Which brings me to the final point.
4. Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Christian Bale, Amy Adams & Jeremy Renner are bombs. They are all explosive actors, and it’s incredible to watch them blow each other up. They are all powerhouses, and you’re kinda scared to see them go up against one another, but you can’t stop watching. They all hold their own against one another.
- VIDEO: An Exclusive Inside Look at ‘American Hustle’ (thedailyquirk.com)
- Photos: ‘American Hustle’ showcases Christian Bale, Jennifer Lawrence at their best (photos.mercurynews.com)
- American Hustle is Ready For the Oscars With Precursors Sewn Up (contactmusic.com)
- American Hustle’s Amy Adams on reinventing herself as an actress and as a woman (mirror.co.uk)
- Jeremy Renner Talks AMERICAN HUSTLE, Collaborating with David O. Russell, the Way he Likes to Work, 2015 Projects, and More (collider.com)